The first time “Efficient industrial boiler adoption and operating practices” training course has been organized in the Mekong Delta Regional
The Training course on “Efficient industrial boiler adoption and operating practices” is one of many activities under the capacity building Program to promote the development of efficient boiler market of the Project “Promotion of Energy Efficiency Industrial Boiler Adoption and Operating Practices in Vietnam” which was jointly implemented by Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization in the period of 11/2015-10/2019. The project has organized many courses in the whole country, from the Northern (Hanoi), the Central (Da Nang) to the Southern (Ho Chi Minh City).
Following the success of training activities which belongs to the framework of the project, Training course on “Efficient industrial boiler adoption and operating practices“ has been organized the first time at Mekong Delta Regional from 8th to 9th, August 2018 at Dong Ha Fortuneland Hotel, 141 Tran Van Kheo, Cai Khe, Ninh Keu, Can Tho City.
Mr. Trinh Quoc Vu – Deputy Director of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development Department, openings speech. The objective of this training course is to provide knowledge for the staffs / managers / boiler operators of enterprises to manage and operate boiler efficiently and effectively
Through the training course, attendees will be familiarized and practiced a software tool to develop and evaluate industrial boiler system in order to identify boiler system optimization opportunities. After the training course, attendees can be able to:
- Operate and control boiler and its auxialiary efficiently and effectively
- Identify energy saving opportunities during boiler operation.
- Boiler and steam system management effectively and professionally through Steam system scoping tool (SSST) software.
During 02 training days, 8 main contents of energy efficient boiler operation and utilization was transmitted to attendees. Which includes:
- Basic concepts of boiler and steam
- Structure of a steam production and steam usage system
- The auxiliary equipment of a boiler system
- Criteria and problems of a boiler system
- The problem of burning fuel, the principle and the method of combustion optimization
- Environmental issues when using a boiler
- Water supply and its role in economical and efficient boiler operation.
- Preliminary work on an energy balance process for boilers and basic energy efficiency solutions.
The training course was attended by 45 technical staffs/ direct boilers managers from 23 enterprises in many industrial sectors such as food processing, beverage, sugar cans, livestock feed, chemical at Can Tho, Dong Thap, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long, Hai Giang and HCMC. The main lecturers of the course are Mr. Nguyen Xuan Quang from Hanoi University of Technology and Mr. Nguyen Quyet Thang – Technical Officer of the Project.
In parallel with the training course for enterprise‘s staff, the project has also completed a training course for national experts who are well-equipped with knowledge and tools to support enterprise in evaluating boiler performance and identifying energy saving opportunities. In the Mekong Delta Regional, enterprises, if need assistance, can access to experts who have been trained of those companies/units such as Dong Thap Industrial Promotion and Industrial Development Consultation Center, Tien Giang Energy Conservation and Efficient Center, Energy Conservation Research and Development Center (Enerteam).
Project Management Unit.